The ILLUMINATE clinical research studies are designed to study the investigational medication lumasiran (ALN-GO1) for its safety and effectiveness in reducing excess oxalate production in adults and children with PH1.
There are multiple ILLUMINATE studies testing lumasiran in different PH1 patient populations. Each study has its own purpose and eligibility criteria. Click the links below to learn more about the studies, and to see if you or someone you care for may be a candidate for ILLUMINATE.
Currently active studies include:
The ILLUMINATE-C PH1 Clinical Study
ILLUMINATE-C is a clinical trial studying the safety and effectiveness of lumasiran in reducing oxalate of advanced PH1 patients of all ages, both on and off dialysis.
What is involved in participating in the ILLUMINATE studies?
- Some participants in the ILLUMINATE-A study will receive placebo during part of their study participation prior to receiving lumasiran. For the first 6 months of the study, some participants will receive placebo. Starting at month 6, all participants will receive lumasiran.
- All participants in the ILLUMINATE-B and ILLUMINATE-C studies will receive the investigational medication lumasiran. Please see the “About the ILLUMINATE trials” page for detailed information.
- Participation in each study will last up to 5 years with visit frequency ranging from once a month to once every 3 months.
- At study visits, participants may receive the study medication, undergo a range of health examinations, and provide blood and urine samples. In some cases, study visits may also be completed at participants’ homes.
- All study-related medication, study assessments and tests will be provided at no cost to study participants. In addition, study-related travel and accommodation (if required) may also be provided for participants.
It is important to note that the decision to take part is completely voluntary. A study participant is free to change his or her mind and leave the study at any time, for any reason.